Friday, December 15, 2006

funnies in the water

I think there are drugs in the water.

I would blame other liquids, but considering that I am such a die- hard tap water drinker, it seems like the obvious suspect. The last few nights I have gotten extremely tired. This in itself is not new - I am always tired by 8 o'clock or so. But these the last couple of nights I have been hit with a wave of exhaustion - my body feels like it is going to give out completely unless I lie down, but then I can't lay down becuase my leg muscles get all knotty and need to stretch. The thing that makes me suspicious is that I get a solid 15 min bout of the bedtime giggles*, before I finally just fall into a static sounding sleep. Usually the bedtime giggles don't happen until I am actually in bed, and never last that long.

The first night it happened, I thought 'wow I must have had a really long day today.' But yesterday I was off. And I took a nap (ok two). At 8:30 I had to lie down, but not before I got really genuinely angry becuase he asked me to wake him in time to take a shower. I was really pissed, but he realized that I was just cranky. i figured it out too - the fact that I was being totally ridiculous that is. Then I blathered some nonsense about...I don't remmeber now, but I heard say 'what are you saying' and I was out.

Of course, I really don't think that the water is drugged. That would be silly. If it were there R would be acting like a maniac at night (and not just in the morning). Maybe it's something in the vents? The coffee? Could the bananas be spiked?

*The Bedtime Giggles: when I am very sleepy and I crawl into bed, I start laughing at everything. And nothing. R will just be minding his own business trying to get his crap together for the next day and there I am in a million layers of poofy blankets laughing my head off, gasping for breath. Then, as suddenly as it starts, it stops and I am asleep. I'm like a switch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home