Friday, November 03, 2006

My boy's birthday

Today is R's birthday and I, for the first time, am actually more excited than he is. Not that I don't get excited over his birthday - I do - it's that usually beginning October 1st he begins the countdown. By the end of the month everyone knows it's going to be his birthday. Even the Wawa girls remember without being prompted and have a present ready for him. This year he's been more mellow about it - not talking about it every day, and generally not so kid-in-a-candy-stor-ish.
But, that might change after he gets his birthday surprises. It better - and before you get too carried away in your naughty thoughts you can rest uneasy that I won't tell you what I have planned until, well, atleast until R see's what I have planned. You never know - he might decide to read this post, today of all days.

All this anticipation is making me extremely unfocused today. I have to run a gel but they are very very bubbly, and that's no good at all. To add to the mental chaos, I have another project to do this weekend and I am running in my first race since the stress fracture. It's only a 5K and it was free, so why not. I am seriously crossing my fingers that I don't wake up on Monday morning feeling like my leg is being wrung throgh a printing press.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home