Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Saturday night went way better than expected - in fact, it rocked! People showed up, the poetry was outstanding, and more importantly, R and I did not look like ass holes. Hopefully I'll be posting the poems and images on the other blog soon.

A few weeks ago I started a new schedule at work which allows me to take a day off to study and still work 37.5 hours a week. This arrangement is particularly nice because it allows me to indulge in my Patti Smith obsession at full volume. I have to confess that I feel more than a little uncomfortable blasting "rock n' roll nigger" at full volume during working hours. Maybe it's just me, but I have a feeling that it might raise some administrative eyebrows.
But this "phase" has reached a whole new level. I think about, or otherwise relate everything that read, see or hear to Patti Smith. Even I am slightly appalled at my own idol worship. It's a good thing that I have managed to keep my mouth shut (for the most part), or else other people might find out that I would rather be her than me right now.

Not that being me is so bad mind you. It's pretty good actually.

If only I could sing like that though. Just a little. I'd even settle for the growl.
Maybe I'll dye my hair black. It's been bouncing around in (not on) my head lately, kind of like getting a tattoo bounces around, - indicative I think of a bit of restlessness. And Halloween is the perfect excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home