Friday, July 07, 2006

On PGW (in 2 scenes)

Last night in the car:
[me] I am making a conserted effort to not panic about our money situation. I don't know if you've noticed that I haven't been as neurotic about it lately - but I realized (and my mom thought I was nuts when I told her this) that the money issue never resolves itself. It always going to be a problem. So why worry?
[r] Are you ok? I don't know where you picked this up from, but....
[me] I learned it from watching you!(with sarcasm)

Later last night, at home:
[me] I think the pilot light is out -- throw me some matches?
[r] there is no pilot light
moment of silence
[r] ...but the water'as still hot.
[me] yeah but it's probably left over from today.
[me] they shut the gas off.

The couple ensues in exasperated scheming as to how to wring $468 out of an empty domestic coffer. After an hour or so this, no solution is reached, other than a decision to shower as often as possible in other people's homes. Their estimated forecast for gaslessness: approximately 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home