Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Exphrasis Poetry Night!


Ok folks, it's been a long time.

But this weekend is the last weekend of the Philadelphia Open Studio Tours and I am about to embark on a shameless bit of self promotion.

Come damnit! Because it's not just an open studio but also a poetry reading (and some non-fiction from myself).
It's Saturday Night (Oct. 14) Exphrasis Night at SpaceAged Beef will start at 7pm.

Here's how to get to SpaceAged Beef:
From Center City:
Take I95 North to Aramingo Ave/Betsy Ross Bridge (Exit 26)
Turn Left onto Aramingo Ave
Turn Left at Church Street
Continue on Church Street and
Turn Right on Orchard Street
4355 will be on your Right - turn into the parking lot and come on up!
(It’s the stone building with the black doors, 3rd floor.)

SEPTA:
Take the MFL to the Church Street Station
walk SE on Church Street for 2 blocks, turn left on Orchard

The reading is hosted by Kathleen Mulholland and will feature poets from Philadelia and the surrounding area. R and I will be showing our work. In my case I will be showing mostly older stuff, stuff relating to the Arturo Portillo Archive. From what I understand some people have written poems in response to some of these pieces and I really look forward to hearing what has been made of it. Not in any ego concious, self aggrandizing way, but because then maybe I can put whatevever lingering presence Arturo has in life to rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home