Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sorry to leave all y'all in suspense of what I got R for his birthday - it was a camera. An awesome camera. And he loved it. He loves it so much, that he swaddles it in lint free cloth before putting it in his camera bag (which is actullay a lunch bag, but we won't get into that - that being the manufacture of lunch boxes sturdy enough to store tissue samples in dry ice for a week). But yeah, really good work on my part.

I desperately need a haircut. It's not the length that is making me batty so much as its territorial behavior over evrything we own. My hair gets on everything: on post it notes, the refirderator, the car's gear shifter, and this morning I pulled two long blond hairs from out of my clothes. Whethere those came from my head or someone was playing dressup with my sweater, I'll never know. Anyways, it's a good thing we don't have better lighting in the kitchen because then we'd have to actually see how much hair we were swallowing with our food.

I desperatly need a haircut, but just spent all my money on R's camera. So Sunday, instead of dilligently studying green building standards in Germany, I dillingently studied every single celebrity hair photo on the internet. I have seen more pictures of Mary Kate Olsen and Lindsey Lohan than I feel is healthy for the mind (by Sunday night I had somehow absorbed a better method to use eyeliner, and how to minimize redness on your face; I even stood in front of the mirror and braided my hair. And I used a comb.)
In my little adventures as a tart day I discovered:
1) There is a dearth of usefull information on how to actually cut your hair in a style, rather just trim it, and
2) The jokes on Britney are right on and fucking hilarious, especially this.

It's utterly amazing how much material is available about celebrities - yet it is really all the same bits of information processed over and over again. Like Britney's cheetoes.

Anyways, Sunday was a day poorly spent. I did trim my hair though, but my way - not the confusing non-illustrated way that everyone else seems to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home