Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Update

Perhaps you remember my lack of proof reading disaster from last week. Well, the professor returned them with comments last night. I didn't even turn it over to look at it, I was so mortified at what would be written in the margins. I could see through the back of the paper that there wasn't too much written all over it - which given my experience last semester (I would get papers back that looked like Mark Lombardi drawings) most likely meant that it didn't even warrant a close investigation. I waited to look at it till I got in the car, and you know what? It was ok. The part that I had crumbled in humilation over, didn't even get a question mark saying 'what the hell is this?' - the only frowns I got in the grammar department were some bad positioning of periods after quotation marks. Otherwise, I didn't do so bad.

I didn't do so bad in class either. I got some interesting feedback on the letters I wrote to Erin. It struck me as odd that I have no problem sharing incredibly personal feelings of failure and isolation to a class full of people that I have to see every week, and in somecases might continue to see on a regular basis until I finish school - yet, I can't make a phone call to a friend. I have yet to call Erin, and yesterday was another day that went by without calling Johana to congratulate her on her baby. Yes, she had the beautiful little squirt in 15 minutes flat. This thing is escalating from a discomfort into a phobia.
I am calling Johana today, and that is that. And Erin - this weekend she gets the call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home