Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Anti-Neurotic Wednesday

Lo and behold it is only Wednesday. The weeks are getting longer, I swear it. Every day seems to feel like Thursday, that wonderful day bursting with the anticipation of Friday. By Thursday, you are over the hump, and well into "end of the week" territory. You can still get things done on Thursday, but nothing major that requires more than two consecutive days to complete.

But like I said, it's only Wednesday.

The good news is that I ran outside today for a good chunk of time with only minimal discomfort in my shin. I have been very good to it lately - applying heat and rest, and it's starting to heal. What I really need now is a new pair of running shoes because both my pairs are shot, and possibly the cause of my problems in the first place.
I feel much better about myself and everything today though and I think I have to thank the run for that. Last night I felt like I was getting a cold and like I had gained 10 pounds over the course of the week. This morning after my run however I managed to feel normal again, and able to deal with the fact that in the course of the week I have probably gained a few pounds. All my stupid, girly self image problems dissolve as long as I get my miles in. There is a good reason that I am neurotic about running - it saves me from being neurotic about everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home