Saturday, May 06, 2006

It has been sent

I've done it,it's finished, and now there is a big gap where all the anxiety of finishing that final used to be. I don't really feel all that relieved, although it feels nice to be able to read something not related to class and not feel guilty about it. But I was really getting into my topic - inhabiting public space - and had really only just begun to crack into my ideas about it. It is also annoying that I know where and what the flaws ofthe piece are, not only because there are many, but that I had to accept them because I wasn't entirely clear in my thinking about certain issues. For example, at the end I started talking about surveillance. It came up in my reading and I couldn't ignore, especially writing about public space and access to it. But I winged it, wasn't sure about it, and now we'll have to see. The part that feels good though is that it's a topic I don't want to just throw out the window. It's not about the class anymore and that's the point. The feeling of stagnation that I have been battling for months, almost years is staring to clear and for the first time going back to school is making sense. Yippee.

Today the girls from work are coming over for the shindig I've mentioned previously. I am excited to have them over and do something that breaks the routine. Spent way too much money on food (thanks to my nearly maxed out credit card) but I figure as long as we have enough food, all will be ok. Food and beer. O'Doul's for the mommies-to-be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home