Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Eat shit!

To prove what a diligent student I am, I actually went to the library last night. The fine Arts library is beautiful. Mahogany and spiral staircases all over the place. I would have stayed to actually do some more studying - the place is wonderfully silent - but I had to get back to Carmenville.
I am sleepy again this morning, but I think that today is has to do with my weird dietary habits the last few day. I didn't each a very hearty or balanced dinner last night and I felt it on my run this morning. That, and a huge, painful knot in my right calf. Maybe with some more coffee and food I can have a productive study day. Inbetween my work duties, of course.
I've been reading a little about Olmsted's central concept behind the creation of Central Park. Not only did have a wonderfully and stringently composed plan for the landscape, but he also had a plan of comportment devised for the park's keepers. They were restricted from chatting with the park's visitors, and if asked for assistance they had a 5 minute time limit in which to provide it. Olmsted's vision of Central Park was perhaps the first site-specific art experience.
Christo and Jean Claude can eat dirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home