Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shame still hurts when you're half asleep

I have recovered from my day ungodly sleepiness. Yesterday was hell. I could not keep it together, at all. I should have known as soon as I woke up and felt like my brain was tuning in static radio. Oh yeah, and yesterday in my fogginess I neglected to mention that as I was backing out of my parking spot in our buildings little lot, I rammed into a vintage Cadillac. Yup. It doesn't run or anything, but it's been garage kept and is (was) in pristine condition. Thankfully, the damage barely a dent, so not too noticeable. Not in the dark at least. The heart pounding anxiety that ensued was enough to wake me up until I got to where I start my run. I got about 7 feet, paused and wondered whether it was worth driving back home and crawling into bed. It takes about 20 minutes at that hour due to the lack of traffic. I decided it wasn't worth the five minutes of sleep, and continued to have a really good run. I thought I would be good for the day.
Not quite. It was the longest day ever. The 12 or so cups of coffee I had between 8:30 and 4:00 did not improve my profound sluggishness. I am getting tired as I describe this, so I'll just say that I made it home and had a wonderful nap till about 7. I must have slept through all kinds of stuff going on just outside my door because when I woke up the stairs were redone and there was the most gigantic dog I've ever seen in my life - Tyrone.

Tomorrow my parents leave for China, meaning that tonight begins our 10 day stint in Carmenville. My dad informed me yesterday that Carmen had a quite a night on Monday: she woke up mad because she thought the me and Estela were waiting for her at the bus station. I am so glad that my aunt will be there with us. I can't handle those moments of crisis by myself. Her being there also means I can leave for my run in the morning without developing ulcers worrying whether Carmen is ok at home.
I dreamt last night that she didn't end up coming. I really, really hope that dream doesn't come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home