Thursday, April 27, 2006

Convicted in Icy Hell

I managed to successfully escape work yesterday like a convict out of hell. It was a beautiful afternoon, so of course the natural thing to do was suck up my calf pain and run, run, run. Definitely worth it.
this morning however my body wasn't so into the concrete party it had last night. First off, I felt like I hadn't eaten in days and that there was a gopher eating away at the inside of my stomach. Then my calf seized up after about a half hour. I made it for 20 more minutes until I just had to walk it out of fear of seriously rupturing something down there. As expected, I was sweaty, so I got cold on the long walk back to the car, and now I can't shake the chilly feeling.

But speaking of great escapes, today there is another one in the works. It's my last chance before my parents come back to work and the grind starts again to play hookey and have riotous times at the library. The wonderfully warm and sexy fine arts library.

You might remember that a while back I mentioned a 'shits n' giggles' party I was planning to throw? Well, that's supposed to be on Saturday - yes, the Saturday that is 2 days from now. There are few things I am lacking at the moment in regards to organizing even the most informal shits n' giggles shindig: 1) money 2) time to clean 3) desire to clean and 4) the energy to muster up interesting and unakward conversation for an evening. Item #1 is a very serious problem, because even the most drab of events can be made tolerable by the mere presence of lots of food. And I suppose, alcohol. My budget allows for not much more than a bag of pretzels and that's no fun.
Not without mustard anyways. Hm. Do we hear mustard themed party? Wear yellow and twist into your favorite pretzel shape - I smell a bash coming on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home