Wednesday, May 03, 2006

pj's and private spectator sports

Totally, wonderfully, blissfully on a role this morning with my paper. Finally! Took the day off of work, stayed in bed with my laptop and hunkered down to start writing. Something about being in bed unlocks all kinds of good mental powers. All was going very well until about 1. Then there's a kncok on the door, some keys jingling in the lock. I thought it was R. Who else could it be. I open the door and it's two dudes with a ladder shocked as hell to see me there. Plumbers. Here to fix the sprinklers. I can't very well lay in bed while these two old guys are wrestling with pipes on a ladder, so I have since moved to the desk and my productivity is decreasing. I am a little (no, very) self concious to be here in my pj's, no bra, haven't washed up yet and have strangers here with me. Apparently, they have been here every day this week. I never would have noticed, and it's a little scary.
I feel rude just being here essentially ignoring them, but man, it's my home. Technically my "work only studio" but still - my space. Hmm. Maybe they're almost done. I wish I could at least get dressed in real clothes, but being that we don't have any rooms, that's impossible.

I have a few more hours of brain energy before it goes dead. Wish me luck, and I might even get this sucker done today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home