Friday, April 28, 2006

Walking on the Flanks of Presumption

My right calf looks like a swollen, pasty piece of pork flank. And not a delicious one at that. I made the decision this morning not to push through the pain and run run run, and pouted all the way back to the car. It doesn't actually hurt that bad, mostly when I squat down and squash the back of the calf muscle. I need to not be an idiot and tear my muscle to shreds.

I was home again yesterday afternoon, and it felt so illicit and wonderful. I had a huge lunch, took a nap and read more stuff for my paper. A day well spent. In a fit of rationality I also decided to cancel the party on Saturday. This is a huge relief. The smell of the apartment when I walked in the door yesterday was the first sign that the party plan was not going to work. The lack of studying caused by the nap was the second.

I was very very pissed off last night and for no apparent reason. Well the main reason I guess was PMS, but beyond that I was just simmering with an unrequited disgruntledness. Some of it had to do with the fact that R is busting his ass to finish doing the floor in that room, and that he won't be finished on schedule due to no fault of his own and most likely my dad will be annoyed that it's not done. Some of it had to do with the fact that yesterday they were installing the fiber-optic cables for the ridiculous video monitored gate entry system. Soon we will all be subject to scrutiny before we can enter the "compound". I think that the last some of it had to do with the realization that I was worrying about whether they would find the house dirty when they came back. I was mad that I was worried about it, and getting madder at the thought that they might in fact find it dirty. We ain't a bunch of maids, especially the Marisel and Rosemary. They are paid to take care of my grandmother - not mop the floors. They already cook for the whole family, which is a lot to ask in my opinion.
Anyhow, the parents/ bosses have returned. I haven't seen them yet, but I need to try and push all these issues that I've created in my head aside and deal with them in reality. Not presumption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home