Wednesday, March 22, 2006

On showering and the guilty cat

My wireless connection is now working, so I couldn't resist the temptation of posting while in my permanent nesting ground, the bed.

It feels weird being up so late, on a weeknight no less. I ran after work, being that when I woke up this morning it was way too freaking cold to think about running outside, and for whatever reason bed seemed like a better option than the sweaty tready. Running at night shifts the whole dynamic of the day around. First, there was the fact that I wasn't so tired at work since I got a full 8 hours of sleep. And come to think of it, I'm not tired now even though I'm up way past my bed time. It does take a bigger psychological push to get out the door after 5 though, but once you are out there you’re glad. My state of mental capacity tends to decline after 3pm anyways, so by 5 I am usually only in the mood to have dinner and crawl into bed. The other thing about running at night is that I have to be more conscious of my fueling throughout the day. I don't want to be starving, yet I don't want to have dinner or anything before I go. Showering twice in one day - before work, then later after the run - has always seemed inefficient to me and a pain. It's easier to do it all at once since showering is such a pain in the ass anyways. (I know I am probably the lone adult who still feels this way about showering, but hey, it sucks. You get all wet so then you get cold, and it’s the same drill every time you get in. Not that I am big on variety on most things, but for some reason the predictability of the taking a shower specifically is really annoying.)
Tomorrow I get to go to a lecture on aesthetics and the environment which sounds promising, on top of the fact that it's smack in the middle of the day. I do get away with a lot at work, don't I?

Well, now's not the time to shoot the nepotistic cat, is it? We've got all day tomorrow for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home