Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I am not dumb. Right?

You know those moments when you realize, 'hey, I'm not as stupid as I think.', and then stuff happens and you go back to feeling dumb again?
Well I had one of those in class last night. It's fun when it happens - I start to feel like life is good and that maybe my paper is genuinely interesting and that the copious comments on my last one were because it had potential and not because it was a disaster. But then I start to get nervous. As if I were to continue feeling smart, and witty and slick I would be jinxed, and I get afraid that I am the only one who realizes that I am smart and witty and slick, the rest of the world just seeing me with my mediocre ideas and unclear language. The deceleration of this high comes pretty quickly as you can see.
Nevertheless, last night it lasted long enough to get me through 3 hours of Islamic finance and micro economics and being engaged in the topic. Amazing what a little confidence can make you do. For the first time this semester I am actually psyched to write my next paper. Get this: it might even be on economics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home