Monday, March 20, 2006

Good morning, Mr. Morning

I tried out my new outdoor running system this morning and so far so good. R was at his parents' house last night since his dad is having surgery on his knee today so last night I spent my first night alone in our new place. It was uneventful to say the least. I was so hyped up about running my old route this morning though that I kept on waking up to check the time. I was pretty much awake by 3:40am, but stayed in bed trying to doze until 4:45.
All I have to say is that mornings rock.
I had been worried that it would be too cold, that I would be too out of practice for outdoor running, but once I started all was good. The sun was starting to come up at quarter to six so it wasn't pitch black out and even though it was in the 30's, it didn't feel so cold. I put in 1hr 50min and it felt great, I am only hoping that I my legs don't regret it later. The other great plus I had this morning was that I didn't have to rush to get to work since I showered in the gym here.

Oh, how its the small things that make my day: fog, The Beastie Boys just when you feel like slacking off and singing along extremely badly as you run through suburban streets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home