Tuesday, April 04, 2006

no white lights

Perhaps you remember a little while back I wrote about that feeling you get when you realize that you don't suck as bad as you had thought. Well, last night I definitely did NOT have one of those moments. I got the revision of my paper back and it was just as copiously annotated as the first one, and while I wasn't too eager to sit there and read about the many ways my argument was flawed, I did read enough of the comments to gather that it was superbly flawed. The worst feeling about it is the fact that he's correct in his criticisms, and I kind of knew from the beginning what the contradictions were. I definitely got in over my head on the topic though - I am no art history expert to begin with, so to try and base an argument around Dada and political art was pretty silly on my part. Oh well. Damn. I have to admit it: this class is hard. Not so much hard, but complicated. Supposedly next week is the pinnacle of the course, and while I don't expect a great white light to start shining, maybe I'll get how it comes together a little better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home