Friday, March 31, 2006

Fun in the Sunroof

I videotaped a good stretch of my drive to work this morning by holding my video camera out the sunroof, and as you might imagine, there are some kinks to be worked out. First, and perhaps most obviously, it's tricky driving with one arm sticking strainght up out of the roof. Steering is somewhat impeded. Second, it sounded like a good idea, but really, there isn't so much you can see, especially when you can't actually frame the shot because you are too busy driving. Waving a video camera around is pretty hit or miss.
My plan was to sleep in today - you know, till like 7:30 or something, since I'll be running this afternoon - but the sun had me bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:30. This would have been great, it wasn't so god damn cold in our place! I actually left for work early to go someplace warm - like outside. That's the irony, which I guess we'll have to wait and see how it will pan out in the summer months, that on the warmest days of the year so far its still like a cave inside. Ah, the small sacrifices we make for space.
Did you notice yet? It's Friday. Friday is in the air like stale fry oil. I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home